If you live in Florida, you certainly don’t want to skip out on certain landscape maintenance services, such as tree trimming. Florida’s trees require regular trimmings and maintenance to prevent branches or entire tree trunks from crashing to the ground and potentially causing extensive damages. It’s also important to keep up with lawn and hardscape maintenance, fertilization and irrigation.
1. Tree Trimming & Pruning
Tree trimming and pruning are two of the most important landscape maintenance services in Florida, especially in preparation for hurricane season or after a big storm. Tree maintenance prevents dead or infected branches from negatively impacting the rest of a tree. Lack of tree maintenance can lead to falling limbs or branches, potentially causing serious damage or injury. All it takes is a strong gust of wind and an entire tree or large branch can come crashing down.
Some signs your trees need to be trimmed:
- Parts of the tree appear to be infected with a disease, such as fungal growth, moldy-looking leaves, etc. Infected portions of trees need to be removed asap.
- There’s an upcoming storm; high winds and wet weather contribute to falling trees, tree trimming and pruning can help limit risks.
- It’s been over a year since a tree expert has checked out your tree(s). You should have your trees looked over by a professional at least once a year.
- You notice unusual damage or tree growth. Damages might relate to a recent storm or an animal.
- The tree canopy is a mess of tangled branches. As branches grow this way and that without any trimming or pruning, they start to collide into one another, creating a tangled mess that can destabilize or deform branches. Malformed branches are more likely to snap and fall.
2. Lawn Maintenance
An overgrown lawn is a welcome mat for snakes and other creepy crawlers. No one wants to accidently step on one of Florida’s venomous snakes because they don’t see it hiding in overgrown grass. Certain homeowner’s associations may even fine you for failing to maintain your front lawn if related terms are outlined in your local homeowner’s policy. It’s easier and more affordable to maintain your lawn than it is to fix it after things get out of control.
3. Hardscape Maintenance
Hardscapes are a big part of landscaping and while they’re meant to endure a lot of wear and tear, they need occasional maintenance to look good. Hardscapes may require power washing, resealing or scraping to keep surfaces looking sharp for many years to come.
A faulty irrigation system can end up costing you a lot of money. Additionally, it could kill your plants if they are over or under-watered. It’s important to have a quality irrigation system installed from the get go, but it’s equally important to have the system checked and maintained so that it continues to do its job properly.
If your plants are constantly dying despite the right amount of sunshine and water, lack of fertilizer or soil quality might be to blame. The needs of plants grow and change throughout the year. Fertilization is necessary at different times depending on soil quality, plant species, and several other factors. Using the right fertilizers and nutrients at just the right times helps produce healthy and brilliantly beautiful landscaping.
Other important landscaping services:
- Seasonal plant changes, repotting
- Seasonal clean ups
- Insect control
Best Landscaping Services in Broward County
At Xtreme Landscaping, we stop at nothing to provide top-notch landscaping services. Our clients count on us to design, install and maintain superior landscapes. Plus, we offer 0% financing from 6-60 months. Contact us today to learn more and receive a free quote for landscaping services.